Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Snowy Chinatown

I'm not sure how Boston's Chinatiwn is fairing in this snowstorm... but if I were to net if dim sum is open or closed I would bet that it is open. When I lived in Castle Court and then later stayed at Tai Tung I never really understood the effevts of a snow storm per se, other than that the world bevame quieter and more of a playground. The bousing projects took care of shoveling, and so I only ever shovelled to help others. I had heard of kids making money to sho el, but at some point all the buildings in the area hired professionals to take care of it and so a tenant had nothing to do with snow removal.

The restaurants were always open and a giid number of the workers lived within walking distance. Heck, I would still go to work because yhe work place had heat... and internet... and more often than not it would be a quiet day.

But better way to ease cabin fever than to sit in a hot restauarabt and drink hot tea and have some dim sum, or if at night just whatever the regular menu offered. I remember back then I only ever ordered tien gai bo when eating iut because I rarely ate out, and I preferred to eat something difficult to make....actually thats what the restaurant guys I roomed with all said and I figured they knew what they were talking about.

To be honest, though NJ doesnt have a Chinatown, the rules are the same. When NJ got hit bad with snow we went to a Chinese Take out place (still good!) That was running on a generator. The customets were snow removal workers and us. The family's kids played quietly and nicley in the booths, (not like our kids)

So.... is Boston Chinatown open today in the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment