Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Group leadership

My punishment for Noah when I get emails from school is thatbonstead of doing chuen pow cup... we have to do all the basics. So there us a consequence for the whole group for his behavior... that actually is something we shoukd be doing anyway. When I taught littke Kelly and August and Brandon, who are now in college and highschool, we always did All of the basics each class. Grabted those classes were once irbtwice a week, and these classes are every day. Plus we have other stuff to do. Lion Dance, fighting forms... I found it ironic that having done all the basics, we finished earlier yesterday. Its because I didnt try to teach them any ground fighti g or grappling moves for break.

The truth is, even though the i ternet us sull of BJJ instruction for a few moves... thise moves are actually pretty complicated and difficult to do. Thats why there are so many instruction videos.

Could I get as complicated about a punch? Yes probably, but I don't think it woukd help. And it is also true that my kids punches leave a lot ti be desired, especially Jonah... but then its not like they can't punch at all. The answer is of course... more basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment