Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, March 16, 2018

Forced basics

Noah's Kung Fu looked really good yesterday. He could even do roundhouse kicks and sweeps I thought were beyond his ability. He looked as good that I taught when we did 100 basics for class...is ut because asnpunishment he had to do 90? Does doing more basics enable you, even within the same class to perfirm your forms better? He said it was because he was angry for being punished.

In any case we all worked hardbat Kung Fu yesterday because I was also pissed that he wasn't listening and out it into my Kung Fu. Instead if Chap sau I yelled Chap Shao! We were tired and cracking up from being tired. We did three round of everything except lion danve... because I forgot and by the time we stopped it was dinner time.

Basically I realize that there really is no getting around skipping aspects of the class. Basics are importantband so are meditation and stretches and calisthenics. And inside all of this I am trying to add in ground fighting and jiu jitsu mives just ti expose them to it. But they will not "roll" the kicks come out and also they cannot do the jiu jitsu moves... not really.

I think they woukd have to lose to children there age who are also weaker to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment