Kung Fu and Love

Kung Fu and Love
A great gift for Valentine's day or Chinese New Year

Friday, December 15, 2017

Messing up on the morning

It's pretty easy for me to get the kids ready for school. That is to say, compared to what parents are going to have to go through at BPS. Today I woke the kids up, not in a friendly tv Daniel tiger perfe t father or mother way. It was "Get up Now!we're late!"
I gave the yuk sung and butter on toast. I put their socks on. I put their sweatshirts on. I their boots and they put those on.

I got their backpacks and coats for them and while they ate we formulated a plan so they would not have to wait in the cold.

I would wait in the cold and single to them at the end of the driveway when the bus came.

I tested if they, or if at least one of them (Noah is the one that is good at this, when it is clear that there are benefits, like warmth.) Was watching, by going down there, doing a series of Kung Fu moves and coming back up.

"What did I do?"

"Walk down.... come back up..."

"What did I do when I was down there?"

"Kung Fu moves...."

"Which moves?"

The boy answered correctly and so we were good to go. He even checked with a shout when I did not signal in a while and I shouted back. You see, he is standing behind a glass door so verbal will only work if he initiates it.

The bus came, I signalled. They ran down. Success.

..........except when I got back inside I saw their damn lunch boxes on the counter. So I will be driving over to their school anyway.

But again, so easy compared to what some parents are going to have to do, especially if their kids have special needs, when the schedules for schools change to 7-1 for some parents in Boston.





No comments:

Post a Comment